Iger confirmed last month that new Star Wars attractions will open at Disney parks in California and Florida in 2019.
Photo by Mike Coppola—Getty ImagesWalt Disney CEO Bob Iger has dropped some hints about the future of the Star Wars film franchise as well as the potential for augmented reality attractions at Disney’s theme parks.
The Disney CEO also delved into the future of technology at the company’s theme park attractions, with a focus on augmented reality.
Last summer, it was reported that Disney’s Lucasfilm special effects division, called Industrial Light and Magic, is partnering with the augmented reality startup Magic Leap to work on Star Wars -related projects.
CEO of the Walt Disney Company, Bob Iger attends the “Beauty And The Beast” New York Screening at Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center on March 13, 2017 in New York City.
Disney CEO Bob Iger Details New ‘Star Wars’ Han Solo Spinoff
Disney CEO Bob Iger discussed the upcoming Star Wars standalone film about young Han Solo during a technology conference at the University of Southern California Thursday, Variety reports.
Iger also spoke about how the Star Wars team will handle the loss of Carrie Fisher, who died last December.
Iger said the team is considering “what could be another decade-and-a-half of Star Wars stories.”
Along with Ehrenreich, the Han Solo spinoff movie will star Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian and Game of Thrones’ Emilia Clarke, Woody Harrelson and Michael Kenneth Williams.
While Iger will be leaving Disney in 2019, he said the entertainment giant is now planning to extend the Star Wars franchise after they wrap up the latest trilogy with Episode IX.
according to Even if Iger leaves Trump’s advisory council, he can rest assured knowing that another key Disney stakeholder has a direct line to Trump.
Perlmutter had largely been sidelined by Disney after their buyout of Marvel, however his deep relationship with Trump is now likely seen as a positive within the Walt Disney Company, especially by Iger.
“I can assure you the values I speak of are expressed whenever I get the chance,” Iger said.
Perlmutter, who donated $5 million to various PACs supporting Trump’s election campaign, was the sixth biggest individual donor to Donald Trump during the 2016 election cycle.
They also were joined by Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross.” (Laura Perlmutter served on Trump’s inauguration committee.)
collected by :Molly Tony